You might be interested in the following fun and interesting Cougar news:
- Did you know that Canadian Olympic Curler Cherly Bernard is a Cougar?
- Based on things such as the popularity of prime time television shows like Cougar Town and the reality dating series, The Cougar, as well as the growth of Cougar relationships in society, Newsweek magazine dubbed 2009 the Year of the Cougar.
- In December 2009, Carnival Cruises launched its cruise ship Elation on its first-ever International Cougar Cruise. The cruise was organized by The Society of Single Professionals and Singles Travel Company and included over 2,000 cruisers, creating such demand for bookings the company had to hire two additional part time employees just to answer the phones.
- Featuring the gorgeous men of the Chippendales, the first ever Cougar Convention will be hitting Las Vegas in late 2010! Stay tuned for more details!
- Dating and matchmaking organizations are now offering services targeted specifically for Cougar matches. Serious Matchmaking Inc. was recently profiled by CNN because of its “Cougar Nights”. “Because this event has been so astronomically in demand,” says Janis Spindel of Serious Matchmaking, “I may have to start a new business division called ‘Cougar looking for the boy toy.”
- The website urbancougar.com caters to Cubs and Cougars, even providing state-by-state listings of popular bars where cougars are frequently on the hunt.
- Why do younger men like dating older women? Basically for the same reasons younger women date older men. They like the sexual and emotional confidence of older women, their independence, and the power they gain from the match. Why do older women like dating younger men? Well duh! #:0)
- What should be your favorite alcoholic beverage if you’re a Cougar? Smirnoff would like it to be their vodka. They’ve been actively pursuing the middle aged women segment with ads that imply vodka is the drink of Cougars.
- Famous Cougars? Some of these might surprise you: We all know about Demi Moore and Mrs. Robinson #:0) But did you know Queen Elizabeth the first was a Cougar, marrying a man over thirty years her junior? Here are some others you might not know about: Katy Couric, Cher, Paula Abdul, Evana Trump, Susan Sarandon, Naomi Watts, Halle Berry Madonna, Anna Wintour (editor-in-chief of American Vogue), and Genevieve Jones.
- To watch interesting videos about Cougar women and the lifestyle, check out: http://thecougarchannel.blogspot.com
Thanks for stopping by!